Sunday 18 March 2012

Mixtape #01 - Raw Punk/Hardcore

My love of music materialized in the early stages of the digital era. Tape-trading was still pretty strong at the time, but eventually the battle was lost to p2p. Though it was a short-lived event in my life, it was essential for my formative years as a music fan. The pleasure of sharing music has not subsided, and to this day, mixtaping is still one of my favourite hobbies.

So, to spring some life back into the blog, I decided to start sharing some home-made compilations. They'll be arranged by theme, mood, genre, whatever, into what hopefully will be a cohesive flow of songs. I'll try to make them fun and short. Most of it will probably feature low-profile bands, after all the point it's to show you new music.

For this first round, I went for some raw punk and hardcore bands, mainly because I've been listening to the stuff like crazy in the past weeks. You have some "classic" acts, as well some new bands who keep the style going. So, if you like what you hear, support the bands. They're just a google search away. Here's the setlist:

01 - Leather - Inanna Altar
02 - Citizens Arrest - In The Distance
03 - Nazi Dust - Disease Of Flies
04 - Comets On Fire - The Way Down
05 - Creem - I Hate You
06 - Brown Sugar - Total Fucking Garbage
07 - The Men - ( )
08 - Siege - Starvation
09 - Cult Ritual - Nailed
10 - Nuclear Spring - Real Freedom
11 - Bone Awl - Show Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment